My Man is coming home!

September21

Hello everyone. I heard some news. They think I don’t understand because I choose to be aloof sometimes. After all, my blog is thoughtful and erudite. I have a persona to maintain. Anyhoo, back in March my Man went away. I never really understood why, but my Woman and my Boy were not happy about it. Evelyn the Embarrassment and I were ok, but we liked our Man a lot. So when my Woman whispered into my ear that he is coming back, I didn’t even blink. But I’m happy.

Dakota’s Top 10 List about his Man:

10. He puts ice in the kitchen water bowl, just for fun.

9. He never laughed when I tried to lift my leg to pee…after my leg was stolen.

8. He makes my Boy leave me alone when I need my space.

7. He walked in the woods with me before the leg elves took my leg by stealth.

6. He installed the dog door.

5. He talks baby talk to me, but just the right amount. Not too much.

4. He makes Evelyn bug off.

3. He was so good to our Spirit dogs before they crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

2. He paid the vet bills.

1. He stopped the car for me when I was dumped!

I was practicing how I am going to meet him when he comes home. Whaddya think?

by posted under hopping along | 21 Comments »

“My Man is coming home!”

1. September 21st, 2011 at 3:47 pm      Reply chilidawg Says:

Dakota, I think that is the perfect way to greet him 🙂

2. September 21st, 2011 at 3:51 pm      Reply Dakota Dawg Says:

Thank you. I’ve been practicing. It’s hard work sometimes!

3. September 21st, 2011 at 4:15 pm      Reply krun15 Says:

Hey Dakota, I hope everyone in the house is as happy as you that your man is coming home. Well maybe not Evelyn…
    Ice cubes and dog doors- sounds like he will be useful to have around.

Karen and the pugapalooza

4. September 21st, 2011 at 4:46 pm      Reply AbbysMom Says:

Dakota, I would love a greeting like that and I bet your man will too (well, I would want some kisses as well…).

I would be very sad if my pawp went away for so long! I’m excited that your man is coming home. Your man sounds good. My pawp can’t install a dog door, but he has his good points. He has never peed on my bed either. That counts for a lot.

Give him some kisses from me. I am totally into kissing men I don’t know. 🙂
    Kisses!
    Abby

• September 21st, 2011 at 4:51 pm      Reply Dakota Dawg Says:

Abby, I will probably give kisses, too. You can come help if you want! I know that you like to kiss strangers. My Woman showed me that picture of you on the couch and said “I would warn you about her if she didn’t live so far away.”

5. September 21st, 2011 at 5:06 pm      Reply etgayle Says:

geesh, who wouldn’t want to be greeted like that!!! wonderful news…and the ice cubes…charon says she’s especially happy when don (aka ron) comes home and adds ice cubes to her g & t.

thanks for sharing your great news!!!

gayle & charon

6. September 21st, 2011 at 6:11 pm      Reply anjl Says:

You look Pawsome in that photo Dawg!
    and we support your woman and wish you all happy hearts!
    Hope that man is practicing too!

Your friend
    (who doesnt write enough)
    Bud

• September 21st, 2011 at 6:17 pm      Reply Dakota Dawg Says:

Of course you don’t write enough, Bud, but you’re excused. I’ve seen the size of your feet. They haven’t made a keyboard for feet that size yet. Give them time.

7. September 21st, 2011 at 7:45 pm      Reply fortisdad Says:

That’s great news Dakota!

I might add you guys are hilarious 🙂

Brett and Spirit Fortis

• September 21st, 2011 at 8:06 pm      Reply Dakota Dawg Says:

Well thanks Brett, but who is hilarious? I think Abby’s pretty funny, but I know there were margaritas being thrown back at her place tonight. With salt, even.

• September 21st, 2011 at 8:33 pm      Reply AbbysMom Says:

My mom and pawp are havin’ a pawty! But they are not sharing the margs with me. No tequila for dogs. humph. Who made that rule?? There are not a lot of rules here at my house, but they do have that one…

8. September 23rd, 2011 at 1:14 pm      Reply riosmom Says:

Oh, D-Dawg, that’s pawsome news! And your greeting looks just about perfect to me.

Rio

PS: my mom won’t let me have tequila either, and she doesn’t even let me have the last drops of beer anymore either. She’s gotten so uptight since I had to have that stoopid kemo.

9. September 23rd, 2011 at 11:29 pm      Reply wyattraydawg Says:

Hey Dakota, I’m glad your family is back together. Everypawdy needs family.

• September 24th, 2011 at 8:14 am      Reply Dakota Dawg Says:

Howdy Sheriff Wyatt! I think this is gonna be great! I’m gonna like my Man even more now because of some things I heard. Like, he was kind of a bonehead, and he’s been in the doghouse. Doesn’t that sound pawesome? He and I can go to the doghouse with our bones, together!

10. October 7th, 2011 at 12:28 pm      Reply Izzy, Ted's sister Says:

D Dawg,
    You running towards him will definitely make him smile. I sure hope all works out for all!!!!

Izzy Bear