Humans are such suckers

March28

My Woman wrote in the forums here about my roommate Evelyn. She had some weird stuff going on and it seems to be this funky head tremor syndrome that bulldogs sometimes have. All the stuff on the interpipes says it’s harmless and the dog doesn’t hurt and so forth. My Woman is taking Evelyn for a bloodletting just for fun (she says it’s “to be sure Evvie’s ok”) next week. And Evelyn only did it once yesterday and none today, so she seems perfectly fine. I think she was faking anyway.

Now here’s where it gets funny. I also have a Man, you know. This Man does not know it, but he is wrapped around Evelyn’s little spotted paws so tightly that she twitches and he comes to see what she needs. She is such a princess, even if she is an ugly one that snores like an SOB. Whatever that  means. So yesterday my Man and my Woman went to a store. It’s called a hardware store but it’s really not. It’s so much more. It’s kind of like Christmas in a store. I know; I’ve been there.

In this store, my Man was buying something called bolts. Whatever. While he was getting them, he apparently told my Woman to go to their fancy-schmancy dog section (and it’s amazing and huge) and get some dog treats to make Evelyn feel better. My Woman told me this later. This is what she said: She picked out a box of dog cookies and then my Man asked her why she was being so stingy with one measly box. So he picked up another box. And then–this is where it gets good–he picked out a package of (wait for it)…dehydrated ostrich liver! Have you ever? Me neither!!! And damn, these were good cookies! Not that cheap crap she usually buys. These were high-class crap!

When they got home, I pulled my Woman aside and asked her about the shopping spree. She’s not usually like that. But he is. My Man loves to buy us goodies. She told me all this. I asked how much it cost. She said “don’t ask.” Ha! And all because they feel so bad for the poor widdle bulldawggie that has the head bobbles! Suckers!

by posted under hopping along | 6 Comments »

“Humans are such suckers”

1. March 28th, 2012 at 9:59 pm      Reply Tazzie Says:

You are too funny DakotaDawg. Maybe they just feel sorry for headbobbles since he has four legs. Must be hard to figure out what to do with all that extra weight.

2. March 28th, 2012 at 11:36 pm      Reply Lylee Girl Says:

D-Dawg – just wait ’til they’re not looking and gobble not whole box and make them think Evie MD quadpoop did it. They will still have one box left so everypawdy wins – ‘specialy you 😉
    Luvs ya
    TWP Lylee

3. March 28th, 2012 at 11:48 pm      Reply AngelAbbysMom Says:

If you are getting dehydrated ostrich livers outta yer roommate’s head bobbles, I wonder… will you encourage her to do it more often?

Bloodletting doesn’t sound like fun. Maybe you guys can work that to your advantage for some more good treats!

4. March 29th, 2012 at 7:53 am      Reply etgayle Says:

yikes, dehydrated ostrich???? you guys in colorado are ‘up town’!! hope sis doesn’t fuss too much with the needle, and hope you continue to get great treats.

charon & spirit gayle

5. March 29th, 2012 at 4:32 pm      Reply sparkythedog Says:

DEAR DAKOTA DAWG

WE DO NOT HAVE OSTRICH IN OUR HARDWARE STORE. WE JUST HAVE BOLTS. I KNOW. I GOED THERE BEFORE. I THINK YOU SHOULD START TO BOBBLE YOU HEAD TO MAKE THE HUMANS FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. IT WILL WORK. YOU WILL GET MORE TREATS. YOU WILL GET THE FANCY KIND. IT WORKED FOR THE MONKEYBUTT EVVIE.
    GOOD LUCK!
    LOVE FROM SPARKY ONLY GETS BISCUITS

6. March 29th, 2012 at 5:57 pm      Reply kviz Says:

Double D!!!

Dehydrated Big Bird??? Don’t complain. I think you should “suddenly” get the head bobbles too. Next time, they will buy FOUR boxes. Hop Strong and Carry On!!

Love, Pegz